Area Dispatch Control Center (ADCC)
Area Dispatch Control System (ADCS) is currently using a hybrid of SCADA solutions across its 6 Area Control Centers in Taiwan. ADCS/SCADA systems monitor and/or control the following substations: Extra High Voltage substations(345/161kV), Primary Substations (161/69kV), Distribution Substations(161/22/11kV) and Secondary Substations(69/11kV). Besides SCADA, ADCS also runs Volt/Var control to maintain and/or improve the power factor and regulates bus voltage in substations.
TPC plans to reduce the number of control systems from 6 to 5, namely New Taipei ADCS (combining Keelung and Taipei ADCS), Hsinchu ADCS, Taichung ADCS, Hsinying ADCS, and Kaohsiung ADCS. Each Control System will have their respective hot backup system. State-of-the-art features such as Historical Information Server, Multisite, Reactive Power Device Control, Common Information Model, Cyber Security enforcement and development platform will also be included.
The functions of ADCS in the future are listed the following：
1. The dynamic display for monitor and control such as Geographic Information System (GIS) is included.
2. Provide the space that complied with IEC 61970 Common Information Model (CIM) to save historical grid operation information for more than 10 years.
3. The reports in tabular in-build could be modified according to the operator's needs.
4. Support SMS function that the message can be check before sending it.
5. The scheme of control in RPDC can be satisfying to the necessity for system reliability.
6. Provide a Remote backup solution to protect ADCS from a server failure.
7. The RTU apply DNP3.0 over Ethernet for communication to advance the reliability in data routing.
8. Provide the connection between DMZ and intranet to prevent cybersecurity from